“This band connected — not because they broke hardcore rules but because they upheld those rules with rigid, fervent intensity. If you don’t like most hardcore, then you won’t like Pain Of Truth. But if you love hardcore, then this band might speak to something deep inside of you.”
– Stereogum (Album of the Week)
“Pain of Truth are the type of hardcore band where fans should expect bloodshed (the fun kind) at every show. The NYHC crew write mosh music, plain and simple.” – Revolver
“The listening experience feels less like an album and more like a sold-out hardcore gig performed for an audience of one. Truly, a mosher’s delight.” – Bandcamp Daily
“Meaty guitars, pummeling percussion and a visceral, vocal ‘fuck-you’ properly introduce the album.” – Knotfest
“Not Through Blood may speak with many voices, but the statement is one of focused violence.” – Distorted Sound
Pain Of Truth have quickly become one of the most exciting true hardcore bands to emerge in the twenty-twenties, known for their intense live shows and hard-hitting lyrics. Today, the Long Island band release Not Through Blood, the debut full-length out now on DAZE. Not Through Blood finds the band sounding sharper and meaner then ever, as massive hooks meet pit ready riffs. The album features whopping thirteen guest features, making this a community affair. Scott Vogel of Terror, Justice Tripp of Trapped Under Ice, Vinnie Caruana of The Movielife, Jay Peta of Mindforce, and Brendan Garrone of Incendiary are just the tip of the iceberg to who listeners will find lending their voice to the album. Not Through Blood was recorded and mixed by Andy Nelson at Bricktop Studio in Chicago, IL and mastered by Bill Henderson at Azimuth Recordings. Not Through Blood is available for purchase now through DAZE and Bandcamp, and can be streamed HERE.
Pain Of Truth have announced a US headline tour this fall with an East Coast/Midwest leg starting November 2nd in Boston, MA and the West Coast dates starting 12/5 in Anaheim, CA. Joining Pain Of Truth on the first leg of the tour are Life’s Question and Vomit Forth, with Koyo, King Nine, and Soul Blind on select dates. On the second half, the band are joined by labelmates Momentum and Torena with Ingrown, Deadbody, and Big Boy on select shows. The band will also head to Japan for a week of shows starting September 17th. Full dates below.
Pain of Truth is Michael Smith (vocals), Nik Hansen (guitar), Ridge Rhine (guitar), Zach Stache (bass), and Nick Barker (drums).
Not Through Blood Tracklist:
1. Lifeless On The Ground feat Anthony Didio and Jon Lhaubouet (vein.fm)
2. In Your Heart feat Scott Vogel (Terror)
3. Actin’ Up feat Steve Buhl (200 Stab Wounds)
4. You and Me feat Freddy Cricien (Madball)
5. This Falls On You feat Shane Moran (Bad Seed / Title Fight)
6. Too Late feat Justice Tripp (Trapped Under Ice / Angel Du$t)
7. Pickin’ at Scraps feat Jay Peta (Mindforce) and Austin Sparkman (Buried Dreams / Haywire)
8. Out Of Our Hands feat Vinnie Caruana (The Movielife / I Am The Avalanche)
9. Same Old Story (Instrumental)
10. Under My Skin feat Josiah Hoeflinger (Criminal Instinct)
11. Not Through Blood feat Brendan Garrone (Incendiary) and Corin (Last Wishes)