Triptykon with the Metropole Orkest – “Requiem (Live At Roadburn 2019)” scores Top 10 chart entries in Germany and Switzerland
Avant-garde extreme metal act Triptykon have just issued their “Requiem” release worldwide via Prowling Death Records / Century Media Records. And “Requiem” has not only received high praise by media outlets and fans alike, but upon release also managed to impressively enter the official sales charts in Germany on position # 10 as well as in their home country of Switzerland on position # 9.
Triptykon checked in with the following comment: “We feel deeply honoured about these news, not least due to the truly unique spirit of this project, its history that extends over three decades, and the rather non-commercial and dark nature of its subject matter, duration, and music. At the same time, we are fully aware that we owe the current international success of the “Requiem” in its entirety to our audience. It is them who are making this possible and who, once again, embrace our music and efforts with so much love and dedication. We are truly infinitely grateful for this.”
“Requiem (Live at Roadburn 2019)” marks the exceptional conclusion of a project over 30 years in the making: The legendary Celtic Frost/Triptykon “Requiem” performed for the first time in its entirety and with full classical orchestration by the Dutch Metropole Orkest.
“Requiem” (46:00 min.) constitutes three chapters:
1. “Rex Irae” (06:34 min.) (First appeared on 1987’s “Into The Pandemonium” album by Celtic Frost)
2. “Grave Eternal” (32:28 min.) (Newly written middle part)
3. “Winter” (06:54 min.) (First appeared on 2006’s “Monotheist” album by Celtic Frost)
The video for “Rex Irae” can be seen here: https://youtu.be/
Additional preview trailers for the release can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/
This unique and groundbreaking release comes in various formats:
- Special Edition CD + DVD Mediabook (With booklet of 36 pages)
- Ltd. Gatefold 180g. LP + DVD (With LP-Booklet of 12 pages and 2x poster)
- Standard CD Jewelcase
- Ltd. Deluxe Artbook with coloured LP + CD + DVD + coloured 7Inch (With bonus track, score book of 60 pages, 3x poster, artprint and photocard)
- Digital album
The initial and limited Gatefold LP + DVD release is available in the following editions and limitations:
- Black vinyl
- White vinyl – 200x copies (CM Europe Onlineshop) -> Sold Out!
- Golden vinyl – 300x copies (CM Distro Europe) -> Sold Out!
- Transp. Magenta vinyl – 300x copies (CM USA Onlineshop)
- Silver vinyl – 200x copies (Nuclear Blast)
- Orange vinyl – 200x copies (EMP)
- Clear vinyl – 200x copies (Triptykon, band-exclusive)
Triptykon with the Metropole Orkest – “Requiem (Live at Roadburn 2019)” is available in its various formats here: https://triptykon.lnk.
Or order it in its physical formats directly from CM Distro Europe here:
Triptykon – Line-Up:
Tom Gabriel Warrior – voice, guitar
Santura – guitar
Vanja Slajh – bass
Hannes Grossmann – drums
Eparistera Daimones (album) – 2010
Shatter (EP) – 2010
Breathing (single) – 2014
Melana Chasmata (album) – 2014
Requiem (album) – 2020