Here is a quote from Creature, the band’s vocalist, on why they felt it was important to get the video out today:
This song is about the protests and anger of so many who have experienced or witnessed brutality and terror at the hands of those who are supposed to protect you. The late Great Audre Lorde said it best, ‘your silence will not protect you’. We say refuse to be stuck in the mud, and your ways and action are “Insult to Injury”.
- Rebelmatic is the first act signed to Red RIght Recordings, the new label founded by Taking Back Sunday drummer, Mark O’Connell, and producer Daniel Wallace.
- A seminal part of a hardcore scene centered around bands consisting of people of color that have been thriving in Brooklyn for the past decade.
- They had recorded a video for their song “Insult To Injury” around a black man being chased through the streets to match the lyrical content of the track. It was originally planned for release later this summer when we move into the cycle around their upcoming EP, but the band is passionate about getting the video/song out this week as it speaks to the moment.
- Rebelmatic on Socials: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
- Red Right Recordings website: https://redrightrecordings.com/.
- From upcoming EP “Ghost In The Shadows” presale link, https://music.apple.com/us/album/ghost-in-the-shadows/1502673043)
- Song on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/track/2o6YaRQ0mT55kz3GhgSt4e?si=BOk7Sh5YQiCJv6FOSt7CWA
- Lastly, The band would like to raise awareness for the Minnesota Freedom Fund: https://minnesotafreedomfund.org/