Today, Italian post/doom metal stalwarts POSTVORTA premiere the haunting new track “Vasa Praevia Dispassion” at heavily trafficked web portal Invisible Oranges!
POSTVORTA are set to release their new album “Porrima” on February 20th, 2020 via Sludgelord Records and 22 Dicembre Records on 2CD and MC (strictly limited to 50 copies) format.
Recently the band released a video trailer for the record curated by Chariot of Black Moth. Watch it HERE!
Produced by Riccardo Pasini (The Secret, Nero Di Marte, Ephel Duath), mastered by Magnus Lindberg (Cult Of Luna) and featuring artwork by Andrea Fioravanti and Nicola Donà, “Porrima” features musical textures and contributions by Francesco Bucci (Ottone Pesante), Francesca Grol and Alberto Casadei (Solaris).
01. Epithelium Copia (feat. Francesco Bucci from Ottone Pesante on trombone)
02. Vasa Praevia Dispassion
03. Decidua Trauma Catharsis (feat. Francesca Grol as female entity)
04. March Dysthymia (feat. Alberto Casadei from Solaris on spoken words)
05. Aldehyde Framework
POSTVORTA have always been hard to classify. Since 2009, they have played music that’s heavy and progressive, cinematic and intimate, dense and sometimes minimal. You could call them “post” metal, as thunderous elements of pure doom often contrast with moments of introspection. Their entire musical trajectory seems like a gradual disclosure of intimate secrets.
The album’s five tracks showcase the band facing life’s pain and wonder with their eyes wide open. The collection’s emotional landscape is one of existential dread, melancholy and loss. Despite these existential conundrums, “Porrima” at times also displays some uplifting, euphoric vibes.
After years of writing, recording and playing live, POSTVORTA look to leave some of their traditional roots behind and forge a new sound devoid of any restrictions and limitations. No move is ever out of place, nor any possibility unexplored.
In May 2019 POSTVORTA released the “Hollow” single, an outtake from the upcoming new album. The song is available on the band’s bandcamp page HERE.
Watch for audio previews and more news on other upcoming POSTVORTA activities to be posted shortly.
– “Beckoning Light We Will Set Ourselves On Fire” (2014, Bleeding Lights Records, 22 Dicembre Records, Third I Rex Records, Drown Within Records)
– “Aegeria” (2015, 22 Dicembre Records, Third I Rex Records, Drown Within Records)
– “Carmestis” (2017, Third I Rex Records)
– “Porrima” (2020, Sludgelord Records, 22 Dicembre Records)