Plastic Barricades // NEW SINGLE TUNNEL // COMING 6TH JULY
NEW SINGLE OUT 6 JULY
London alt-rock duo Plastic Barricades is releasing Tunnel, the third single from the upcoming LP Self-Theories.
The track comes with a trippy music video that continues the tradition of an unaltered DIY approach and was shot using a digital microscope.
Sometimes it feels like life is this winding road with plenty of tunnels. You go in, it is dark and uneasy, and pretty soon you start wondering how long this tunnel is. Visibility is reduced, you cannot increase your speed or turn back. It starts to feel claustrophobic. Your thoughts are amplified, loudly reverberating in your head.
All you can do is keep reminding yourself that no tunnel lasts forever and you will make it out of this one, like all the previous ones you’ve been to – and you will see sunlight again!
– The song was written and recorded in a backyard Shed Studio in North-West London, mixed by Paul Love and mastered by Andy Baldwin at Metropolis Studios.
– Video for the single, created by PB art-director Elina Pasok and Dan Kert, was made using a microscope with up to 1000 times magnification and no CG.
– Imagine if you could see your worries and anxieties under a microscope? What would they look like?
– Single release date – 6th of July 2020
– Self-Theories LP due in autumn 2020
Romantic and honest, gloomy and curious, melodic and melancholic, Plastic Barricades chronicle life in the troubled yet fascinating XXI century, asking questions and trying to find answers. Inspired and influenced by almighty Radiohead, Foo Fighters, Oasis, Coldplay, Muse, Death Cab for Cutie, Placebo, Snow Patrol, The Shins, Nirvana and many others, the band loves to experiment with styles, sound and approach.
Based between London and Paris, Plastic Barricades are Dan Kert on guitars and vocals and Paul Love on drums and production.