One of Country’s most successful bands is back with their 4th album For You. Parmalee are the Platinum selling band of brothers who over the past 8 years have been growing stronger and stronger and are now back with their best album yet. Matt Thomas (Vocals) has stated that this is an album for the fans both new and old and the highly anticipated album is finally here.
“We feel most authentic and our best as a band when we feel like we’re having a conversation with the audience. That’s what we really narrowed in on for this album and leaned into what makes Parmalee sound like Parmalee—it’s all based on our connection to the fans,” said Matt Thomas. “For You is an album for the fans — the ones who’ve supported us for years, and the new ones we’re getting to know every day.”
For You is full of fantastically catchy tracks from the first single “Just the Way” through to the final track “For You”. While tracks like “I’ll Take the Chevy” and “Backroad Girl” are unmistakably country, there are some more heartfelt tracks such as “Only You” and “Alone Like That”. There is even a little Pop thrown in the mix with “Greatest Hits” which features Fitz which is definitely more of a contemporary sound. A personal highlight from the album has to be “Forget You” featuring Avery Anna. The track has a beautiful soft start that builds into the chorus where the speed picks up. It’s a classic heartbreak song which features beautiful harmonies and will find itself catching your attention every time.
Whether you’re a lover of Country music or just looking for something new and easy to listen to, this album covers you. Parmalee have elevated themselves over the past few years and have created something fun while still being authentic. It’s easy to see why the band is so loved and this album only makes us love them more.
For Youwill be released July 30th 2021 via Stoney Creek Records/BBR Music Group/BMG.
Review: Emmie Ellis
1. “For You” – (Matt Thomas, David Fanning, Justin Wilson)
2. “Just the Way” – (Matt Thomas, Kevin Bard, Nolan Sipe)
4. “Take My Name” – (Matt Thomas, Ashley Gorely, David Fanning, Ben Johnson)
5. “I Do” – (Tyler Hubbard, Matt Thomas, Corey Crowder, David Fanning)
6. “Miss You” – (Michael Tyler, Matthew McGinn, David Fanning)
7. “Greatest Hits (feat. Fitz)” – (Matt Thomas, Kevin Bard, Nolan Sipe, Andrew Goldstein, Michael Fitzpatrick)
8. “Better With You” – (Matt Thomas, Ashley Gorely, David Fanning)
9. “Forget You – (feat. Avery Anna)” (Matt Thomas, Shane Minor, David Fanning, Thomas Archer)
10. “Alone Like That” – (Matt Thomas, Tommy Cecil, David Fanning, James McNair)
11. “I See You” – (Matt Thomas, David Fanning, Justin Wilson, Steven McMorran)
12. “I’ll Take The Chevy” – (Matt Thomas, Josh McSwain, Barry Knox, Zachary Kale, James McNair, Josh Mirenda)
13. “For You”– (Matt Thomas, Barry Knox, Josh McSwain, Scott Thomas, David Fanning)
(Produced by David Fanning)
2016 ACM “New Vocal Duo/Group of the Year” nominee Parmalee is one of Country music’s most successful acts: the Platinum-selling band of brothers is one of only four groups since 2001 to earn three consecutive Top 10 singles from a debut Country album. Since their debut at Country radio, Parmalee has earned nearly 500 million on-demand streams. Heralded as “Country Music’s Breakout Stars” by MSN Entertainment, Parmalee has supported Brad Paisley and Jake Owen on national tours while finding time to perform on NBC’s TODAY show, The Late Late Show, FOX & Friends All American Summer Concert Series, MLB Central’s Studio 21, The Queen Latifah Show, and more. Comprised of brothers Matt and Scott Thomas (lead vocals/guitar and drums, respectively), cousin Barry Knox (bass), and life-long friend Josh McSwain, the North Carolina natives recently returned to the top of the charts with their Platinum-certified No. 1 single with Blanco Brown, “Just the Way,” which is currently Top 25 on Hot AC radio. For more information, visit:http://www.parmalee.com.