Mitchell Tenpenny Makes Chart History With #1 Single ‘Truth About You’
MITCHELL TENPENNY MAKES CHART HISTORY WITH #1 SINGLE
‘TRUTH ABOUT YOU’ Achieves the Shortest Span Between #1s In Modern Chart Era With Just Three Weeks Since His Last Chart Topper
‘This Is The Heavy’ Album Out This Friday, 16 September
NASHVILLE, Tenn. –(13 September, 2022) – Mitchell Tenpenny, Riser House/Columbia Nashville/Sony Music Nashville artist who has more than 1.3 billion global streams, made chart history yesterday with his #1 single ‘Truth About You.’ The gold-selling song’s top of the chart success is the shortest span between #1 songs in the modern chart era with just three weeks since his last chart topper. On 22 August, Tenpenny’s co-penned collaboration with labelmate Chris Young, ‘At The End Of A Bar,’ reached #1.
“It takes a huge team and support to bring a song to #1,” said Tenpenny. “I’m so thankful to everyone, including the fans, who believed this song was special and helped bring it to the top of the charts. And to have this #1 just three weeks after being part of my last one is unbelievable. Thank you country radio. You’ll never know how much this means to me. I’m just overwhelmed with thankfulness.”
In August 2021, Mitchell previewed ‘Truth About You’ for fans on TikTok. Their reaction to the song instantly created the largest streaming debut of his career with 2.5 million streams in the first three days and doubling that number within a week. As a result of this tremendous reaction, the song was sent to country radio that same month.
This Friday, 16 September Mitchell will release a new full studio albumThis Is The Heavy. He co-wrote every song on the 20-track album and co-produced the project with Jordan M. Schmidt. Pre-order/pre-add/pre-save the album HERE. In January 2023, Mitchell will headline “This Is The Heavy Tour” in promotion of his new release. The tour will kick off in Salt Lake City, Utah on January 26 at The Union Event Center. Warner Music Nashville’s Tyler Braden will open. Ticket and VIP package on now, go to mitchell10penny.com for more information. The routing also includes back-to-back concerts at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville on February 3 & 4. Mitchell, a Nashville native, sold-out his first-ever headline concert there in the fall of 2021 and deemed it as ‘a childhood dream come true.”
This Is The Heavy Track Listing:
1. ‘This Is the Heavy’ (Mitchell Tenpenny, Zach Kale, Josh Kear, Jordan Schmidt, Michael Whitworth)
2. ‘Good Place’ (Tenpenny, Kale, Kear, Whitworth)
3. ‘Always Something with You’ (Tenpenny, Ashley Gorley, Matt Rogers, Schmidt)
4. ‘We Got History’ (Tenpenny, Andy Albert, Devin Dawson, Schmidt)
5. ‘Truth About You’ (Tenpenny, Matt Alderman, Thomas Archer)
6. ‘Sleeping Alone’ (Tenpenny, Brad Clawson, Rodney Clawson, Schmidt)
7. ‘More Than Whiskey Does’ (Tenpenny, Albert, Kyle Fishman, Jordan Schmidt)
8. ‘Obsession’ (Tenpenny, Daniel Ross, Whitworth)
9. ‘Good and Gone’ (Tenpenny, Zach Abend, Seth Ennis, Geoff Warburton)
10. ‘Do You’ (Tenpenny, Chris DeStefano, Claire Douglas, Whitworth)
11. ‘Bucket List’ (Tenpenny, DeStefano, Laura Veltz)
12. ‘Cry Baby’ (Tenpenny, Will Weatherly, Dallas Wilson)
13. ‘Miss You Cause I’m Drinking’ (Tenpenny, Jesse Frasure, Emma-Lee)
14. ‘Elephant in the Room’ (Tenpenny, Christian Griswold, Sean Small, Sam Sumser, Jaten Dimsdale)
15. ‘Happy and I Hate It’ (Tenpenny, Schmidt, Warburton)
16. ‘Now We’re Talking’ (Tenpenny, Albert, Schmidt, Warburton)
17. ‘Losers’ (Tenpenny, Albert, J. T. Harding, Daniel Ross)
18. ‘Still Thinkin’ ‘Bout You’ (Tenpenny, Archer, Fishman)
19. ‘Long as You Let Me’ (Tenpenny, Archer, Fishman, Schmidt)
20. ‘That’s How She Goes’ (Tenpenny, Brett Warren, Brad Warren)
ABOUT MITCHELL TENPENNY: Since the beginning of his career, Mitchell Tenpenny has worked tirelessly to build and support his fan base with a steady stream of new music. He increased the flow of new music during the pandemic and his fans have responded by soaring his career on-demand streams to 1.3 Billion, increasing his spins at country radio, and flocking to his shows on tour.
Mitchell Tenpenny is a multi-faceted entertainer: singer, songwriter, producer and performer. Since the release of his debut single, “Drunk Me,” Mitchell has set new standards for breakout success in country music. The 2X Platinum-certified, No. 1 hit that has amassed nearly 580 million on-demand streams was taken from his introductory album, Telling All My Secrets, and earned him the best first week showing for any major label country debut LP at the time of its release. Since that time, the “winning” singer (The New York Times) has received nominations from the Academy of Country Music and the CMT Awards.
Mitchell’s career on-demand streams are among the best out of today’s breakout artists, with over 1.3 billion total and as many as six tracks exceeding competitive artists’ tracks thanks to his loyal fan base. At the close of 2021, Mitchell was a Top 10 artist on Spotify’s Hot Country (#7) and the #5 most-played artist on SiriusXM’s The Highway only just behind superstars like Kane Brown, Luke Combs, Thomas Rhett, and Chris Stapleton. His social following continues to grow and specifically, his TikTok following, and likes are competitive with current headlining acts.
Learn more about Mitchell’s catalog of music HERE.