Another Country Rock album has appeared on the radar, only this time it’s Jason Aldean who’s providing the offering. With 23 number one hits in the Country Billboards, there’s no doubt that Aldean has earned his stripes over his 15-year career. Now with a new album in the shape of 9, he continues to show us what he’s made of with some Hard-Rock Country sounds.
Aldean’s latest single “We Back” is the perfect introduction into the album as it hits straight in with guitars that shout this is a rock track. Alden has a very soulful voice that is undeniably the very essence of what is expected when the word Country is thrown out. There is however a very clear modern sound to his music though that has this aggressive edge which can be heard in “Tattoos and Tequila”. For something a little different with a little more of an old school rock edge, “Talk About Georgia” provides exactly that. The chorus and melody are still very soulful but the underlying riffs, especially at the very start of the track, offers something much edgier. There is also a lot of feel-good tracks on the album with “Keeping it Small Town” and “Champagne Town”. Alden manages to cover just about every mood with a track to match it in one album.
Overall Studio 9 is another great album from Jason Aldean to showcase that modern Country is not what we expect and has a lot more depth to it. From the classic ballads to feel-good tracks to hard-hitting guitar riffs, all blended with melodic vocals, there is something for everyone as the album seamlessly plays through. Aldean proves that Country really does Rock!
9 Track Listing:
1. “Tattoos and Tequila” – (Michael Dulaney, Neil Thrasher)
2. “Blame It On You” – (Kurt Allison, John Edwards, Tully Kennedy, Michael Tyler, Brian White)
3. “Champagne Town” – (Matt Dragstrem, Josh Thompson)
4. “Some Things You Don’t Forget” – (Nick Brophy, Michael Dulaney, Jennifer Hanson, Neil Thrasher) 5. “Got What I Got” – (Thomas Archer, Alex Palmer, Michael Tyler)
6. “Keeping It Small Town” – (Jaron Boyer, Ben Hayslip, Morgan Wallen)
7. “Camouflage Hat” – (Ben Hayslip, Jameson Rodgers, Josh Thompson)
8. “Came Here to Drink” – (Jaron Boyer, Alex Palmer, Michael Tyler)
9. “We Back” – (Tyler Hubbard, Jordan Schmidt, Brad Warren, Brett Warren)
10. “Dirt We Were Raised On” – (Rhett Akins, Jaron Boyer, Josh Thompson)
11. “I Don’t Drink Anymore” – (Kelly Lovelace, CJ Solar, Neil Thrasher)
12. “Cowboy Killer” – (Jaron Boyer, Josh Hoge, Michael Tyler)
13. “One for the Road” – (Lynn Hutton, Brandon Kinney, Josh Thompson)
14. “Talk About Georgia” – (Kurt Allison, Tully Kennedy, Michael Tyler)
15. “The Same Way” – (Brock Berryhill, Brantley Gilbert, Cole Taylor)
16. “She Likes It” – (Jaron Boyer, Ben Stennis, Michael Tyler)