Extreme Doom leviathans ATARAXIE have just unleashed the music video for their new album’s opening track, “People Swarming, Evil Ruling“. It’s available for immediate sharing on YouTube here or Facebook here.
The new album, “Résignés”, is due out March 08 through a triumvirate of extremist labels, DEADLIGHT (CD, Europe), WEIRD TRUTH (CD, rest of the world) and XENOKORP (Vinyl, Cassette & Digital). XENOKORP preorders are available on the webstore here.
For Fans of
Disembowelment, Bethelehem, Incantation, Coffins, Autopsy…
It took six long years to ATARAXIE to deliver the follow-up to 2013’s ultra massive “L’être et la nausée“. Six long years spent reinventing themselves when guitarist Sylvain ESTEVE (one of the founding members) left, replacing him with two new guitar players Hugo GASPAR (FATUM ELISUM, MALEMORT…) and Julian PAYAN (SORDIDE, VOID PARADIGM…), re-arranging their whole back-catalogue for this uncommon new line-up with three guitarists, touring Europe and writing new material. But when it comes to one of the European leaders of the Extreme Doom scene, delivery definitely doesn’t mean deliverance. At all.
“Résignés“, the new album, is all but just “music”, it’s a painful experience to be suffered by all senses, by all organs, innards… It’s not just like swarming in the sewers. It’s drowning in an oil spill of cataclysmic proportions where deep growls sound like the last words expectorated through a last breath from oil-filled lungs and screams express the utter madness invading the mind of the soon-to-be-dead, you.
Mixed by Sylvain BIGUET (TREPALIUM, EIBON, DISOWNING…) and mastered by Collin JORDAN (VOIVOD, EYEHATEGOD, YOB…) again, “Résignés” deals with the global failure of a whole specie chewing the rotten remains of the planet that once fed it, vowing itself to its own demise, wallowing in pathetic beliefs in a hallucinated salvation.
A world made of the madness of the masses, the morbid Human curiosity, its voyeurism and hunger for blood and a whole part of the society, hopeless and resignated to commit suicide before having to face an even more painful end, taking turns between the executioner’s hands, watching in delight the one before them dying while waiting for their own time to come. Here’s what “Résignés” is all about: the resignation to death as the sole deliverance.
Prepare to meet thy Extreme Doom.
- People Swarming, Evil Ruling
- Coronation of the Leeches
- Les affres du trépas
- Total Running Time: 83:25
- Jonathan THERY – Bass & Vocals
- Frédéric PATTE-BRASSEUR – Guitars
- Hugo GASPAR – Guitars
- Julien PAYAN – Guitars
- Pierre SENECAL – Drums
- DigiPak CD [DEADLIGHT – Europe]
- DigiSleeve CD [WEIRD TRUTH – Rest of the World]
- Splatter double LP [XENOKORP]
- Cassette tape [XENOKORP]
- Digital [XENOKORP]
- All music by ATARAXIE
- All lyrics by Jonathan THERY
- Recorded by Frédéric PATTE-BRASSEUR at VAULT 92 studio, Frédéric GERVAIS at HENOSIS studio and Sylvain BIGUET at MIDILIVE and NEW RETRO SOUND studio
- Mixed by Sylvain BIGUET at NEW RETRO SOUND studio
- Mastered by Collin JORDAN at BOILER ROOM studio
- Artwork and pictures Kalistor DINENT’DAL
- Additional artwork and layout by Arturo VARGAS
- Executive Producer: Nicolas WILLIART for XENOKORP records, Alexandre MARTINEZ for DEADLIGHT entertainment and Makoto FUJISHIMA for WEIRD TRUTH productions