What can you say about Suzi Quatro that hasn’t already been said before? Her latest release Legend says it all. Suzi, an American born artist, was adopted by UK audiences, and, like her American counterpart Joan Jett, meant absolutely everything to her young adoring fans back in the day. An individual who encapsulated a moment in time, who reflected the hopes and dreams of a nation in her songs and lyrics.
Today we see the release of some of her finest work, a 20-track album personally curated by Suzi herself, which features digitally remastered tracks of her favourite music. For lifetime fans a collection like this will have been a long time coming. As a bonus Suzi’s first four studio albums recorded between 1975-1979 will also be available digitally remeastered and available to stream and download across all platforms.
An album like Legend is like a snapshot in time. You can remember where you were and what you were doing when you first heard these songs. It immediately transports you back into your youth, air guitars at the ready, living the dream in front of mum and dad’s mirror. Songs like ‘Can the Can,’ ‘Devil Gate Drive’ and ‘Stumblin’ In’ will have you warbling to your heart’s content as you lay into the vino and bore the kids to death as you regale stories of misspent youth and long lost love.
Fast forward to 2017 and Suzi has left a trail of musical devastation in her wake, in the best possible taste, of course, a glittering career littered with achievements and awards, and she still has plenty left to give. From song writing to theatre, poetry to literary writing, she is a true creative soul.
The Best of Suzi Quatro: Legend is released on Friday 22nd September via Chrysalis Records. The album will be available on gold coloured double vinyl, CD and digitally.
- 1)‘Can the Can’ (2017 Remaster)
2) ‘Shine My Machine’ (2017 Remaster)
3) ‘48 Crash’ (2017 Remaster)
4) ‘Skin Tight Skin’ (2017 Remaster)
5) ‘Daytona Demon’ (2017 Remaster)
6) ‘Devil Gate Drive’ (2017 Remaster)
7) ‘The Wild One’ (Single Version)
8) ‘Cat Size’ (2017 Remaster)
9) ‘Too Big’ (2017 Remaster)
10) ‘Michael’ (2017 Remaster)
11) ‘Half As Much As Me’ (2017 Remaster)
12) ‘Stumblin’ In’ (2017 Remaster)
13) ‘If You Can’t Give Me Love’ (2017 Remaster)
14) ‘Suicide’ (2017 Remaster)
15) ‘Wiser Than You’ (2017 Remaster)
16) ‘She’s in Love With You’ (2017 Remaster)
17) ‘Hollywood’ (2017 Remaster)
18) ‘15 Minutes of Fame’
19) ‘Free the Butterfly’
20) ‘Dancing in the Wind’
GLASGOW – THE SSE HYDRO
FRIDAY 13th OCTOBER 2017
Box Office: 0844 395 4000
Book Tickets Online: TicketMaster
BIRMINGHAM – GENTING ARENA
SATURDAY 14th OCTOBER 2017
Box Office: 0844 33 88222
Book Tickets Online: TicketLine